Kathleen E. Craigmile
Kate Craigmile’s practice emphasizes employment litigation, employment counseling, complex commercial litigation and civil appeals.
Kate represents Colorado companies –and companies with employees in Colorado– in discrimination actions, wrongful termination actions and other employment litigation, including the defense of administrative charges and litigation involving confidentiality, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. In addition to her litigation practice, Kate regularly counsels employers on employee matters, workplace policies, employment and separation agreements, independent contractor arrangements, and legislation affecting the employer/employee relationship. She has been representing Colorado employers in litigation and other employment matters for more than twenty years.
Kate’s practice also includes a broad range of commercial litigation matters. She has litigated contract disputes, fraud disputes, entity ownership disputes, antitrust claims, banking matters, patent and trademark infringement claims, Lanham Act claims, intellectual property licensing disputes, constitutional claims, consumer protection actions, and civil RICO and COCCA cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Kate was a member of Bennington Johnson Biermann & Craigmile, LLC for 13 years. Kate is a Denver native, is married to an inventor, and has two sons.
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School
- B.A. (Business Economics, cum laude), The Colorado College
Areas of Practice
- Employment litigation
- Employment law counseling and training
- Commercial litigation
- Employment transactional work
- Trade secrets protection and disputes
- General corporate representation
Awards, Honors, Professional Activities
- Law Week Colorado, 2017, Barrister’s Best – Best Employment Lawyer for Defendants
- AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell, 2002 to the present
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Member, 2008 to the present
- Board of Directors Member, 2015 to the present
- President, Board of Directors, 2018
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit